Bette Yip's Picture Perfect Pets -- CALL Now! 617-966-4240
374A Cambridge Street in Burlington, MA.
Puppy Bus to and from Day School available to:
Medford, Somerville, Arlington, Lexington, Winchester, Woburn, Wakefield, Billerica, Burlington and more!
New Puppy Parents, LOOK!
Perfect Puppy Raising - as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. At least 20 consecutive school days of Puppy Day School
Most puppies start school around 8 or 9 weeks of age.
2. Puppy Perfect - a 6-week Basic Training course for YOU to attend.
(Bring as many human pack members as desired--the more the merrier!)
3. Private Training to targetany behavioral problem solving needs...
or if you just enjoy the benefits of additional one on one private coaching.
Not Just for Puppies!
Adolescent or Adult Beginners and Adopted Dogs:
Sometimes our Doggy DoRight Group classes are a suitable starting point for these dogs, but very often, private training for behavioral problem solving is the first priority. Contact us today so we can make the best suggestion for your specific dog and situation! Call (617)966-4240.
SERVICES AT A GLANCE:
Day School (drop off dog training program) for Puppies and Qualifying Adolescent or Adult Dogs.
"Mentor Dog" Doggy Daycare (for puppy-friendly dogs who can model appropriate behavior for puppies.)
"Slumber Parties" - Puppy / Dog Boarding (for dogs who qualify for our Day School, Daycare programs.)
Pet & Family Portrait Photography - at our place, or yours.
Gift Certificates in any dollar amount--a great gift for all dog owners, especially New Puppy Parents.
Day School: Open Monday - Friday 7 am - 7 pm (except holidays, snow days or winter break.)
Private, in-home dog training lessons available by appointment--book far in advance!
Call for group dog training course start dates and events schedule: (617) 966-4240.
NEW PUPPY-- In the best of all possible worlds, you should plan for all three of these:
1. Puppy Day School (all puppies 8 â€“ 23 weeks old): Ideally, send your puppy to 20 consecutive school days to make sure she doesn't miss out on any of the valuable socialization modules ("teaching puppy to love the world"). There is a different one every day! Your pup will also have one on one or small group training time with two different instructors each day, as well as structured play sessions designed to help develop impulse control and the ability to follow cues despite the distraction of super-fun playmates dancing around nearby. Keep in mind that the window of easy socialization closes around 12 weeks of age and that the brains of young puppies soak in learning like a sponge, so the sooner you enroll your new puppy in Day School and the more often your pup attends during their first months home, the better the results you'll see!
2. Puppy Perfect 6-week Group Course for the Whole Family: Sending your puppy to our Day School does not get you off the hook for integrating training and socialization into daily life routines! In order to make your puppy's training stick, you need to follow through consistently at home. Puppy Perfect will teach you the skills you'll need to do this.Skip this component, and you may end up with a puppy who behaves nicely at schoolâ€”only. Your puppyâ€™s progress with following cues (no matter what the situation and no matter who asks) will be much better and faster if you participate in a Puppy Perfect group course along with sending your puppy to our Day School.
3. Private In-Home Lessons: There are certain things that canâ€™t be effectively taught in the school environment.
* Is your puppy barking at sounds in your home?
* Do your puppy and children play inappropriately with one another?
* Does your puppy still pull on leash in certain situations?
* Has your puppy shown signs of developing anxiety or aggression?
* Has your puppy discovered the joy of digging in your yard?
Ask us about having one of our private dog training instructors work with you and your puppy right in the environment where the troubling behaviors happen.
For more on early puppy socialization, including why it's not only safe, but necessary, please Google the AVSAB Position Statement on Puppy Socialization.
To accommodate our innovative Puppy Day School service and expanding curriculum, in January 2014, we moved from the small area we had been renting from PDDC (formerly Pawwtopiaâ€™s Doggy Day Camp) in Arlington, MA to a 3,600 square foot facility all our own in Burlington, MA.
ADOPTED DOG? â€“ Contact Us: (617) 966-4240!
Some dogs older than 23 weeks may be approved to participate in our Day School drop-off dog training service. Some may get what they need from our group dog training courses for the whole family, including Doggy DoRight â€“ Level 1, Doggy DoBetter â€“ Level 2 and extracurricular courses and workshops like Dog Tricks Just for Fun. Others will need private dog training lessons at home or on â€śfield tripsâ€ť out in the real world. Many will need some combination of these three options. The best thing to do is to send an inquiry through this site, or call us at (617)966-4240 to let us know your situation so we can tailor the best program for your particular dog.
Choose Bette Yip's Picture Perfect Pets: a Boston area favorite for dog training and pet photography!
Boston.com's A-LIST 2014, 3rd Place in Best Dog Training and 2nd Place in Best Pet Photography
Boston.com's A-LIST 2013, 2nd Place in Best Dog Training
Boston.com's A-LIST 2012, 3rd Place in Best Dog Training
Boston.com's A-LIST 2011, 3rd Place in Best Dog Training
2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Readers' Choice Awards Winner for Best Trainer from Beantown Tails
Boston Magazine's Best of Boston 2006 for Best Pet Training School
If you are considering in home dog training, below are some of the locations within the Boston area that we can travel to. Travel surcharge may apply to some locations. Call for details: (617) 966-4240.
If your town or city isn't mentioned here, feel free to contact Bette to inquire about dog training services in your area!
Bette Yip also offers fine pet & family portrait photography. As the saying goes, "a picture is worth a thousand words." Click over to her portrait photography portfolio, and let the images speak for themselves.
Bette Yip's Picture Perfect Pets Dog Training & Pet Photography
Located in Burlington, MA | Serving the entire Boston area!
For Assistance: (617) 966-4240